Here you'll find some games for practising question tag (although you're alreday an expert, aren't you?). (Click on the pictures below):
- 2nd game: you can choose between three different games for practising:
- And now, let's see question tags in real conversations. Let's watch the video and try to find as many question tags as you can:
Did you enjoy them? I hope so!!
Question tag are short questions we use at the end of the statements.
We usually use them in spoken English, when we want to:
➽ check if something is true
➽ ask for confirmation or invite people to agree with us.
auxiliary verb (do/does; don't/doesn't)
You have to pay attention to the sentece. You have to check the tense (present, past) and the subject.
➽ A positive statement is followed by a negative question tag:
He is your brother, isn't he?
You play the guitar, don't you?
It was funny, wasn't it?
➽ A negative statement is followed by a positive question tag:
You aren't hungry, are you?
She didn't go to the hospital, did she??
You can visit this website and watch a video. You can do some exercises too (I recommend to you multiple choice and gap fill typing)
- Question tag (verb to be)
Is it easier now? I hope so 😉
We use indefinite pronouns to refer to people or things without saying exactly who or what they are.
We use: ⏭ pronouns ending in -body or -one for people.
For example: someone, anyone, no one.
⏭ pronouns ending in -thing for things.
For example: something, anything, nothing.
Examples: I can't see anything (no puedo ver nada).
There's something on the table (hay algo sobre la mesa -pero no
Have you eaten anything in the last three hours?
Nobody was waiting outside the building (Nadie estaba esperando
fuera del edificio)
Does anybody know the answer?
- This video will help you a lot:
- And finally, a catchy song:
- This is an optional activity: How many indefinite pronouns can you recognise? Let's try!!
Do you like them?? I hope so!! 😉
How to do the worksheet (live worksheet):
1. Go to https://es.liveworksheets.com/qt167754nj
2. Complete the worksheet.
3. Click on "terminado"
4. Click on "enviar respuestas a mi profesor" (send answers to my teacher).
5. Write your name, subject (English) and grade (5º). And enter the code: lgevpvy27r (teacher code)
6. Click on "enviar".
7. You have to follow the same steps with the other worksheet:
And finally, you've finished!!!
- Modal verbs:
We are going to study other modal verbs. We use modals to show if we believe something is certain, possible or impossible.
We use could, may, might to express possibility. Something is possible,but we are not sure.
- It may be true (Maybe it's true, but we don't know)
- It may be John (Imagine you're waiting for John and somebody is knocking at the door).
- If we don't pay attention, we could get lost (Imagine we are visiting a place and we are distracted. Perhaps we could get lost -it's a possibility).
Two words that can help you:
- Perhaps: quizá, tal vez
- Maybe: quizás.
And if you want to learn more:
Is it difficult? Do you have any question? Leave your comments below!!
How to do the quiz:
1. Go to joinmyquiz.com
2. Enter the code 427885
3. Click on "únete"